I love making soup! It’s so easy and on cool fall days there really isn’t anything better! It has the same base as the Chicken and rice soup, so I usually make them together and just freeze one.
This is “Creamy” potato soup, because you don’t add any cream…making it even healthier! And if you use sweet potatoes instead of white…bam…a healthy “creamy” alternative to loaded potato soup!
“Creamy” Potato Soup
Recipe Type: Entree
Only 5 ingredients! You gotta love that!
- 1/4 cup of cut up carrots
- 1/4 cup of cut up celery
- big slices of onion
- 3 cubed potatoes (white or sweet)
- two cans of veggy or chicken broth
- Saute the carrots, celery and onion in a tablespoon or so of olive oil. I keep my onions whole so I can take them out. You could add 1/4 cup of cut onions to the soup and just leave them in if you want!
- Once soft (after about 8 min) add the broth. Let come to a boil and add the potatoes. Turn down to medium heat for about 15 min. or until potatoes are tender.
- Once the potatoes are tender, remove about half of the soup and puree in a blender. Then add the puree back to the pot. You can do that with as much of the soup as you want. The more you do it the “creamier’ it is. Feel free to add some sour cream if you want and of course salt and pepper