My husband loves shrimp, well actually my kids do to, which is why we have bang bang shrimp just about every Wednesday! Another shrimpy favorite around here is Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo. You can always make it with chicken if shrimp isn’t your thing 🙂
- Alfredo sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Fettuccine noodles or angel hair pasta
- 1/2 lb of shrimp or 1 lb of chicken
- Cook noodles according to package
- Strain noodles
- Toss shrimp and sauce in pan
- Serve with some roasted red pepper flakes, garlic bread and salad
Need a homemade Alfredo sauce? Here ya go…
4 tbs of butter
3 tbs of flour
1 tsp of salt1/2 tsp of pepper
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
Add the butter, salt and pepper to a heavy, medium sized pot. Heat over a medium heat.
Once the butter has melted add the flour and whisk until smooth, removing all lumps from the flour.
Slowly pour the milk in and whisk until smooth again. Turn the heat up a bit to about medium high.
Add ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese, whisk until combined.