A Brazilian butt lift is becoming increasingly popular as a cosmetic treatment. A Brazilian butt lift increases the shape and size of the butt while eliminating fat from your other body areas. During a Brazilian butt lift, your plastic surgeon New York removes fat deposits from other body parts and places them into areas surrounding your butt. After healing, your butt will enlarge, stick out more, and have an even shape. Additionally, the regions of your body that had fat eliminated will have smoother body contours and shape.
An overview of Brazilian butt lifts
A Brazilian butt lift (BBL) is a surgery that improves (enhances) the appearance of your buttocks while also eliminating fat from other areas of your body (liposuction). Despite its name, a Brazilian butt lift technique is not a standard “lift” surgery like a facelift or breast lift. A Brazilian butt lift provides volume and form to your butt, but it does not address sagging or extra skin. Consult your healthcare provider about a butt lift if you have excessive or sagging skin.
The procedure of the Brazilian butt lift surgery
Brazilian butt lifts are fat grafting processes that produce natural-looking results. The following phases are included in the process:
- The surgery is often conducted under anesthesia; however, in operations where a lower fat volume is transplanted, it may be done with only local anesthesia (numbing medication). You may ask for an anti-nausea medication beforehand, particularly if anesthesia makes you unwell.
- Your surgeon then employs liposuction to eliminate fat from other regions of your body, like the hips, stomach, and thighs. Liposuction entails creating incisions in your skin and removing fat from the body via a tube.
- The fat deposits that have just been extracted from your body are purified and prepared for injection into your buttocks.
- Your specialist finishes by injecting the processed fat into particular regions of the buttocks to make a more rounded, full appearance. They make three to five incisions around your buttocks for fat transfers.
- Stitches are used to seal the liposuction and fat transfer incisions. Your surgeon will then apply a compression garment against the afflicted regions of the skin to reduce your risk of bleeding.
When to see your healthcare provider
Schedule regular follow-up consultations with your healthcare provider. After one to two weeks, your clinician will remove your stitches, and they will examine your incisions. During this period, your healthcare provider will also assess how well your body is healing and whether you have recovered enough to sit on a special pillow for short periods. You should see your specialist 4-6 weeks and three months after your Brazilian butt lift operation to assess your progress. After three months, your doctor should be able to establish how well your body has responded to the surgery.
A Brazilian butt lift is a complex operation that a cosmetic surgeon (with specialized training and experience in fat transfer procedures) should do. Having realistic expectations about the Brazilian butt lift procedure is critical as understanding that your outcomes won’t be the same as someone else’s with a different body shape. Discuss your expectations with your surgeon, and look at before and after photographs to get an idea of what your outcomes may look like. Call Fifth Ave Plastic Surgery to schedule your meeting today to determine whether Brazilian butt lift procedures suit you.