It is always difficult to face the chronic pain in the body. The struggle starts from finding the source of pain to learning the exact location that is hurting. Solving such pain with painkillers is also a difficult task. Peripheral nerve stimulation is one such method that helps patients to overcome their chronic pain.
If you are also thinking about what peripheral nerve stimulation is and how it can help you deal with your chronic pain, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will learn how this system works and how it will benefit you. If you are staying in Fayetteville and thinking of considering this medical process, then you can visit various peripheral nerve stimulation Fayetteville and move ahead with your treatment.
What is Peripheral Nerve Stimulation?
Peripheral nerve stimulation is a technique in which electrodes are placed along the peripheral nerves to control the pain. The system uses electricity through electrodes to stimulate the damaged nerves. It is used through a device that is entirely safe and efficient. This stimulation process seems to be an effective process to ameliorate severe neuropathic pain.
The nerves carry sensations in the body, and these sensations include pain. So, when the nerves are stimulated with electricity, they can fill the nerves with sensations that cannot carry the pain. So, in this way, peripheral nerve stimulation works in the body.
What are the Benefits of Peripheral Nerve Stimulation?
- Pain management: Peripheral nerve stimulator is used to manage various types of pain, such as neuropathic pain, complex regional pain syndrome, and chronic back pain. It delivers the electrical pulses to the nerves to generate sensation and sideline the pain sensation from the nerves. It disrupts the signals and provides relief to the patients.
- Minimally invasive: It is considered a minimally invasive procedure because of smaller incisions, reduced tissue trauma, and less recovery time than other invasive surgeries.
- Customizable treatment: Peripheral nerve stimulators can be customized as per the needs and requirements of the patients. The frequency, parameters, intensity, and pulse width can be tailored to the needs of the patients. This customizable feature of the treatment makes it more effective for the patients.
- Reduced dependence on medications: With the peripheral nerve stimulation process, there is minimal dependence on medicines. It provides effective pain relief and reduces patients’ dependency on medicines or painkillers.
- Improved quality of life: Chronic pain in the body can affect the quality of life as we cannot focus on our daily needs. Pain affects our physical as well as mental health, causing emotional distress. So, when these peripheral nerve stimulators help us to reduce our pain in the long term, we can improve our quality of life.
So, these are certain benefits of peripheral nerve stimulators. However, you must also remember that the effects might vary from person to person, so you should adequately consult your doctor about this treatment.